Oracle Data Access Components (ODAC) is a VCL/VCL.NET/CLX component library for fast direct access to Oracle from Delphi, C++Builder, and Kylix. ODAC is heavily performance- and stress-tested to provide the fastest available native connectivity to Oracle. ODAC features advanced local data handling and comprehensive Oracle functionality coverage, including Oracle Advanced Queuing, Oracle TAF, and distributed transaction support.
ODAC is easy to use in both new and existing applications. It is a complete replacement for standard Oracle connectivity solutions and integrates well with third-party libraries and Core Lab database development tools. Comes with full documentation and a large set of demo projects.
- Direct access to server data. Does not require installation of other data provider layers (such as BDE and ODBC)
- In Direct mode does not require Oracle client software and works directly through TCP/IP
- Full support of the latest versions of Oracle and support for all Oracle data types
- Disconnected Model for working with data offline
- Local Failover for detecting connection loss
- Oracle Transparent Application Failover(TAF) support
- Oracle Advanced Queuing support
- Oracle alerts and pipes support
- Oracle direct path interface support
- Distributed transaction support
- Unicode and national charsets support
- Integration with OraDeveloper Tools for performing advanced database development and administration tasks
- Easy migration from BDE with Migration Wizard
Versions of ODAC are available for CodeGear Delphi 2007 for Win32, Borland Development Studio 2006, Delphi 2005, Turbo Delphi, Turbo Delphi for .NET, Turbo C++, Delphi 5,6,7,8 C++Builder 5,6, and Kylix 2,3. ODAC supports Oracle server versions 7.3 and higher.